Football season has begun and in true Tennessee tradition the team has brought us from cloud 9 after the incredible 63-7 victory over W. Kentucky to barely able to lift our heads after the painful 4 turnovers and the dreadful loss to UCLA. Geoff, Greer, and I watched the game with Woodalls and no matter how many times we played Rocky Top the team could not get it together. Even Greer cried. Well, maybe he was hungry but I think deep down he knew...this is going to be a long season. Other than mourning the loss of the hope for a decent season we have been relaxing and hanging with new friends in Jackson. Although it has only been a little longer than 2 months here, we are really feeling at home. Our house is still a wreck but I have been getting involved and feeling settled. MOMS biblestudy started last week and I am so excited about the study but also just fellowship with other women in similar situations. I definitely miss my group back in Memphis but am glad to find an outlet in Jackson.
Greer is growing up rapidly. He is now eating baby food twice a day. We bought a high chair this weekend and he is loving it. I am also loving it because he can't turn around and avoid me like he could in his bumbo. We started with fruits and although Greer wasn't too sure about it at first, he seems to be enjoying them now. We started with bananas and are on to pears now. We also got him this mesh feeder thing that is so neat. I will have to post some pictures of it later so you can understand it. But he loves it. We put some frozen peaches in it and he went to town. I think he really likes the feeling of it on his gums, teething and all. He has rolled over about 4 times now. He hates his stomach so he doesn't do it often. He is trying to sit up constantly and now can manage for about 10 seconds before toppling over.

Greer eats pretty much anything you put in reach...including vol sneakers. I think he was just working out his anger after the poor showing on Saturday.
Greer is growing up rapidly. He is now eating baby food twice a day. We bought a high chair this weekend and he is loving it. I am also loving it because he can't turn around and avoid me like he could in his bumbo. We started with fruits and although Greer wasn't too sure about it at first, he seems to be enjoying them now. We started with bananas and are on to pears now. We also got him this mesh feeder thing that is so neat. I will have to post some pictures of it later so you can understand it. But he loves it. We put some frozen peaches in it and he went to town. I think he really likes the feeling of it on his gums, teething and all. He has rolled over about 4 times now. He hates his stomach so he doesn't do it often. He is trying to sit up constantly and now can manage for about 10 seconds before toppling over.
Greer eats pretty much anything you put in reach...including vol sneakers. I think he was just working out his anger after the poor showing on Saturday.
I LOVE Greer's VOLS outfits. Oh my- too cute! It was quite a depressing game on Saturday. Let's hope UT pulls it together this season......
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you've found a group to connect with. That's so important. :)
Miss y'all!
Don't you just love dressing up your baby to support your team!
ReplyDeleteWe cried too! =( It has to get better... Right?
ReplyDeleteAt least Grear is rockin' the UT orange and white! Love it!