Gunner East Watson made his debut at 9:45am on Sunday, June 5th. Weighing in at 8 lbs, 4 ozs and 21.5 inches. The story begins like this...I went into labor about 3am, with contractions about every 5-7 mins apart. I waited to wake up Geoff until I was sure. Finally about 4:30am, I called Nana and woke up Geoff. It was time to head to the hospital! We packed bags and left for the hospital around 5:30. Once at the hospital, we checked and got settled into a room. Dr. Storck wasn't on call but said she would come in to deliver. So wonderful to have your doctor be willing to come in on a Sunday morning! I was contracting ever 5 mins with very painful and long contractions but they didn't seem to want to get closer together. Oh and I was about 6cm dilated. Around 7:30am, Dr. Storck arrived and we decided to go ahead and break my water. I was thinking, I would deliver immediately. Not so much. I continued to progress but not very quickly. At my next check (around 9), at the request of Geoff, I was 7 cm. I had decided to go natural on this delivery, so not much progression had my spirit a little dampened. I started to really hurt. Like intense, very intense pain especially in my back. I like to call this my "crazy" phase. I starting really struggling and was yelling out in pain. I told the nurse (who was so sweet and did such a good job of getting me to breathe and being so supportive), I needed the epidural. "I don't think I can make it!" Well thankfully my better half new better (since this was #4) and encouraged me saying I didn't need one, I could do it. I doubted it, but wouldn't you know within about a 10 min time period of me yelling and tossing and turning in the bed, I started to feel lots of pressure and low and behold I was transitioning and had gotten to 10cm. It was time to push!! It felt like eternity but about 6 pushes later, Gunner arrived! It was actually a much calmer delivery than expected after the "crazy" period. He was a cute little guy. And looked exactly like Brecken!



family of 6
8'4''
right after delivery...I look rough!
the kids meeting Gunner
He's precious Ashley! And so glad you're back in blog-land!!!
ReplyDelete