This past weekend, we went on a trip to Knoxville to help Geoff's sister, Dani move into her college dorm! The dorm that I, just 8 short years ago, was moving myself into. Humes Hall is just one of the many dorms on UT's campus but is near and dear to my heart. Ah, Presidential Courtyard! Geoff and I both started off our time at UT in the courtyard and have only fond memories of our time. The dorms haven't changed one bit. Dani and her roommate moved in without a hitch. She was able to move her stuff in the night before thanks to her suite mate who had the key. Does anyone remember how to get into one room from the other? You are correct! Push the drawers out and crawl through. Haha! The memories! Geoff and I got to stroll around campus as well, showing Greer all our old stomping grounds. If he was able to talk, I'm sure he would have rolled his eyes and said "boring". Luckily for us all he does is smile and laugh, especially when you sing Rocky Top. I don't see him doing that in 18 years when we are moving him into the dorms. It was a wonderful trip and always a blast seeing Geoff's family. We can't wait to hear all of Dani's stories and live vicariously through her. College is the best!
Humes Hall
Dani and her roommate, Erin
their dorm...lofted beds and all!
chillin under the loft
605...elevator was key
The Watson Family
Greer is so ready for college

OMG!!! I lived in Hess the first year and a half and then Andy Holt!!! Do you remember the giant nets they used to put over the trees to keep the birds away. Oh and the movies they played on the big screen in Pres. Court!!! Oh and Smokey's Howl!!! Good Times! The Hub and I met on the banks of the Tennessee on the Rowing team. To quote Brian Adams, "Those were the best days of my life!"
ReplyDelete