Monday, June 15, 2009

Beach trip 09

Sorry it has been a few weeks...we have been on an extended road trip for the last 2 weeks, making stops in.......
Jackson, MS
Nashville, TN
Knoxville, TN
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Birmingham, AL
Huntsville, AL
(and that does not include all the random stops we made along the way to feed Greer)

We just got back from beach trip 09 with the Holmes and Gunter families. It was so relaxing and so much fun. We had perfect weather the entire time (clear skies, high 80's). And it was confirmed that Greer is the best baby ever. After miles of driving, schedules out the window, and a brand new sleeping pad (aka the pack n play), Greer was still layed back and all smiles. (our second child is definitely going to be a terror, we have had it way to easy with the first). Greer saw the beach and ocean for the first time as well as took his first swim in the pool with daddy! He loved it, didn't cry at all...he is definitely going to be a water baby. Greer was the big man on campus, surrounded by the "ladies" on this trip and was constantly being doted on by my nieces Ali Scott(4), Bradie(4), Avery(3), and Addie(18months). We lounged around the pool, ate yummy food, and relaxed for 7 straight days. It was the perfect vacation before Geoff starts his crazy schedule. Geoff also had a happy while in Destin. He bought his first road bike! It is a black and red Cervelo. I don't know tons about road bikes but I can look at this one and know it is a sweet ride. Geoff found it on Craigslist and was lucky enough to do the exchange in sunny Florida! I will have to post pictures of it soon. Enjoy the pictures below, I will try to post more soon. Plus I'd like to add a shout out to all our wonderful friends who have moved recently and we miss terribly! We will be road tripping your way soon!



taking a walk on the beach


family photo (sadly only the back of Greer's head made the pic)


Greer's first swim


Geoff and Greer on the beach


Big smile!!

3 comments:

  1. the more I see him, the more I think he's going to be blond. I miss you! I'll call you later to catch up...still working on those photo shoot pics. Will send them to you before the week is over...promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those precious curls!! So glad we got to eat with you all and that I was able to hug on little Greer, or should I say big boy :) Did he go nekkid in the pool!? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greer unfortunately did not go naked...afraid we might shut down the whole pool...his diaper was about to pop so it was a short swim!

    ReplyDelete